Q : What are the main differences between FasterScan (HD) and DocScan (HD)?
- FasterScan (HD) has a faster scan flow to help users scan multi-pages documents more efficiently than DocScan (HD)
- FasterScan (HD) has improved UI design for browsing documents and pages.
- FasterScan HD supports all orientations, but DocScan HD doesn't.
Q : What is the difference between FasterScan and FasterScan+?
FasterScan+ offers export functions to Google Docs, Dropbox, Evernote, Box, OneDrive, iCloud Drive, and WebDAV.
However, you can still achieve it in FasterScan via "Open in" other apps, i.e. Dropbox app, Evernote app, ...etc.
Q : How do I upgrade to FasterScan+?
You have two options: you can either buy FasterScan+ on the App Store.
The drawback is that this downloads a new application and you won't be able to access your old documents.
You can also use the "Upgrade to FasterScan+" option in app and you will then be able to access your old documents.
Q : My app is crashing or frozen when I scan a document.
Please restart your iPhone/iPad. This will clear your iPhone's system memory and fix the problem.
Q : How do I add a document to a scan?
Just tap the camera or photo album with “+” icon at the top of the document view screen to scan a document.
Q : How do I add more pages to a scan?
Just tap the camera or photo album with “+” icon at the top of the page view panel to scan more pages in a document.
Q : How to send faxes with FasterScan?
- Tap on the export icon in the toolbar to show the export list.
- Tap on the "Fax" option in the list to popup a Fax dialog.
- Fill the form: country code, fax number, recipient name, and all other cover page infos.
- Tap on the "Proceed" button to see the fax cost and confirm you fax details.
- Tap on the "Proceed" button to pay it via in-app purchase and send out the fax.
Q : How to check fax status?
- Tap on the "Settings" icon on the top in main screen.
- Tap on the "Fax" option, it will enter the fax status list.
Q : The app won't send emails.
Sometimes the documents get stuck in the Outbox folder of Mail. Simply restarting your iPhone/iPad is usually enough to fix the problem.
Q : My Dropbox (or Evernote, Box, SkyDrive) app is not in the “Open PDF in” list of apps, even though I installed it.
When there are too many apps in the “Open in” list, the iOS won’t show all of them.
If you have more than ten apps in the list, please delete some of those you don't use.
Q : How to get PDFs from FasterScan?
You have two options: 1. iTunes file sharing 2. WiFi file sharing.
Q : How to copy files using iTunes file sharing?
- Connect your iOS device to your computer using the included Dock Connector to USB cable or WiFi.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Select your iOS device from the Devices section of iTunes.
- Click the Apps tab and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Under the File Sharing section, you'll find a list of apps currently installed on your iOS device that support File Sharing.
Select an app to view a list of the files associated with that app on your iOS device.
Q : What is WiFi file sharing?
With WiFi file sharing, you can access all your FasterScan PDFs from a web browser in a PC or another devices connected to WiFi LAN.
Q : How to copy files using WiFi file sharing?
- Turn on WiFi file sharing in the settings screen. Please make sure your WiFi is on and connected on iPad.
- After turning it on, it will show a URL with an IP address, i.e. http://192.168.1.102
- Type the URL in your web browser in a computer connected with the same WiFi LAN, and then you can see all PDFs in the webpage. Click on any document to download it.
Q : How to upload a page to Facebook?
- Tap on a page in the page view panel to enter the page-browsing screen.
- Tap on the export button at the top of the browsing screen.
- Select "Facebook" to popup a photo caption edit dialog.
- Enter the caption and click on the "OK" button to start the upload procedure.
Q : How do I move documents from one folder into the other?
- Tap on the move icon at the top of document view screen.
- Select the documents you want to move.
- Tap on "Move Documents (n)" button.
- Select the target folder in the folder view screen.
- Tap on "Move" button at the top of folder view screen.
Q : How do I move pages from one document into the other?
- Tap on the move icon at the top of page view panel.
- Select the pages you want to move.
- Tap on "Move Documents (n)" button.
- Select the target document in the document view screen.
- Tap on "Move" button at the top of document view screen.